Pages

Wednesday 30 May 2012

The Big Cheese of the Week

Good morning! I am here to share this week's Big Cheese. It was another outstanding week with lots of inspiration.

The Big Cheese of the Week is Elisabeth Larsson with her Way Out West card.


I really am in love with the colors that Elisabeth used. The aqua and peach look so good paired with the brown. I also love the layout, based on this week's sketch challenge. The fancy border at the bottom and the flowers help to temper the masculine images and lighten things up a little.

Congratulations Elisabeth! Your card will be added to the Big Cheese highlight album in the WMS Gallery. Please send me an email and I will provide you with a discount code for $10 off your next Waltzingmouse Stamps purchase.

Up next is a cute little card from Kary Lim using the Earth Angel stamp set.


I always admire crafters that create beautiful cards using the color purple. For some reason, I find purple a really difficult color to work with, and one I don't use often. But Kary has used it beautifully! The impressed card base, fancy die cut doily and paper flowers are all perfect compliments to the design!

There is just something about this card from Charmaine Stack that I really love.


Could it be the soft serene color palette? The fabulous oversized ticket focal point? Or maybe its the cute little die cut bird? (Or maybe all of the above?) All I know is that it is fabulous!

Thanks for another great week of projects, ladies! Inspiring as always!

Would you like the opportunity to be chosen for the Big Cheese? Just upload a project to your Waltzingmouse Gallery. Then add a direct, clickable URL link of your newly uploaded Gallery entry here in the WMS Forum, a new thread starts every Monday! You can visit us on the forum if you have any questions.

Before I sign off, I want to make sure you mark your calendars! This Saturday is the 100th sketch over at the WMS Sketch Challenge Blog and we are making a big deal of it! Trust me, you won't want to miss it!

Have a great day!
Anya

1 comment:

  1. Lovely cards, Elisabeth and Kary. Thanks for the shout out, Anya! Am enjoying those Compact Sentiments.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, :) I read them all and I appreciate you taking time to visit!